Last Updated: [1/9/2023]
Vidola Titans Sdn. Bhd. (Company Registration No.: 202201045311 (1491009-K)) views and treats your Personal Data (as defined below) seriously. This Personal Data and Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Vidola Titans Sdn. Bhd. and each of our respective related corporations (as the term is defined in the Companies Act 2016), affiliates, and associated companies (hereinafter referred to as the “VTSB“, “Company” “we” “our” or “us“) (whether or not controlled by us) have or will collect, maintain, record, hold, store, use, disclose and/or process (collectively referred to as “Process“) personal information about you on VTSB’s Platform. Whenever we Process your personal information, we will do this in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA“).
By using VTSB’s Platform, you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions together referred to herein as the “Agreement“). The Agreement governs the use of VTSB’s Platform.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. General Terms
For the purposes of this Notice:
- We call a user of VTSB’s Platform “User“, “Users” “you” “your” or “Client“, as appropriate.
- VTSB’s website (www.vidolacorp.com) and mobile application, VIDOLA application (“VIDOLA App“) (whether on iOS or Android), together with its related services, information and communications are collectively referred to as the “VTSB’s Platform“.
- “Services” means the services listed, quoted, scheduled on the VIDOLA App and fulfilled or provided by TITANs, or sought, scheduled, paid for or received by Clients, through VTSB’s Platform.
- “Terms and Conditions” refers to our terms and conditions, which can be found here. This Notice, is incorporated into, and considered a part of, the Terms and Conditions.
- “TITAN” means a service provider who is a User registered to use VTSB’s Platform to offer and provide the Services in exchange for monetary compensation.
3. Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information relating to you that you have provided to us (through account registration, completing forms, contacting us, or using our products and/or services or otherwise through your use and access of VTSB’s Platform:
- Identity Data: including your full name, age, gender, date of birth, citizenship, marital status, nationality, race, ethnic origin, NRIC/passport details;
- Contact Data: this may be your postal address, telephone number, email address and emergency contact information;
- Technical Data: including internet protocol address, your login data, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access VTSB’s Platform;
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, feedback and survey responses;
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our Platform, such as the type of content or Services that you view, Services that you require and accept, features that you use, actions that you take, frequency and duration of your activities and content that you share with TITANs through our messaging tools;
- Billing Data: this may include your payment instrument number (such as credit or debit card number), expiration date and security code as necessary to process your payments; and
- any such information as we deem necessary or appropriate from time to time in connection with your appointment and/or prospective appointment with us.
Further, we also automatically collect certain information when you use VTSB’s Platform. The categories of information that we automatically collect and have collected are as follows:
- Service Use Data: including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, portions of VTSB’s Platform that you view and interact with, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages;
- Device Use Data: including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating system, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id. When you visit and interact with VTSB’s Platform, the Company may collect certain information automatically through cookies or other technologies, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, the type(s) of internet browser(s) you use, and information about the way you use VTSB’s Platform (“Device Information“). We may use the Device Information to monitor the geographic regions from which Users navigate VTSB’s Platform and for security and fraud prevention purposes.
- Location Data: including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level), and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data). When you visit VTSB’s Platform via the VIDOLA App, we use, with your consent when required under applicable law, GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located in and display a relevant location map. We may use the Location Data and Device Information in order to allow us to match you with nearby TITANs and provide real-time updates on their You can choose to enable or disable location services through your device settings or app permissions. We will not share your current location obtained in this manner with other Users
- Google Analytics: We use “Google Analytics”, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc (“Google“). Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit VTSB’s Platform, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to VTSB’s We use the information from Google Analytics to improve this site.
Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other information which may identify you. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at Google Analytics Terms of Service or at the Google Analytics Privacy Overview; and
(collectively together with (a)-(g) above, “Personal Data“).
As the accuracy of your Personal Data depends largely on the information you provide to us, kindly inform us as soon as practicable if there are any errors in your Personal Data or if there have been changes to your Personal Data.
4. Data Processing
We will Process the Personal Data that you have provided to us for various purposes, including but not limited:
- to operate and make available VTSB’s Platform. We use your data to connect you with TITANs to enable the posting of, selection for, completion of, and payment for Services, in order to fulfil the contract between Users and TITANs;
- for billing and fraud prevention;
- to administer surveys, lucky draws, promotions or contests
- to provide you with customer support in order to fulfil the contracts with TITANs;
- to contact you and deliver (via email, SMS, push notifications or otherwise) transactional information, administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers and communications relevant to your use of VTSB’s Platform;
- for troubleshooting problems for our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Users and TITANs can meet
- for public interest to ensure safety (both online and offline) of our Users and TITANs, preventing and detecting injury, theft, legal liability, fraud, abuse, and other misconduct and/or unlawful acts, thereby maintaining the integrity of VTSB’s Platform;
- to assist Users and TITANs in any dispute resolution in respect of the discharge of the TITANs’ services;
- for internal market research and to analyse VTSB’s Platform usage as necessary so as to improve VTSB’s Platform to grow our business;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions and our legitimate interests in ensuring our Agreement is complied with; and
- such other purposes as we deem necessary or appropriate from time to time.
5. Disclosure and Processing
Please note that it may be necessary for us to disclose your Personal Data:
- to our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners (including insurance companies);
- where required by any regulatory authority of a competent jurisdiction, such as Bank Negara Malaysia or Personal Data Privacy Commission and other statutory bodies;
- to certain third parties, whether affiliated or unaffiliated, who may receive your personal data to Process such data under appropriate instructions as necessary for the processing purposes described above, including without limitation to website service providers, IT support service providers, billing, marketing, advertising and any other service providers who support us in maintaining VTSB’s These third-parties are and will be subject to contractual obligations to implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your Personal Data, and to process the Personal Data only as instructed.
- to discharge any legal obligation imposed on us by law or pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
- to facilitate secure payment transactions for your services;
- to ensure the smooth functioning of VTSB’s platforms;
- in the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of our Company and business, your Personal Data may be disclosed to potential or actual buyers or sellers;
- to TITANs to fulfill their contractual obligations of providing home maintenance service;
- if we deem that such disclosure is necessary to prevent or mitigate a serious and imminent threat to your life or health or the life or health of another person.
We only process your Personal Data within Malaysia and your Personal Data will not be transferred to any place outside of Malaysia. If disclosure is necessary, we will only disclose the minimum amount of information which we deem necessary and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such information is kept confidential. Further, we do not allow third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We will not sell, rent or trade your Personal Data.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive and/or your mobile device. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular platform. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: cookies which are essential to the operation of VTSB’s Platform, supporting functions such as logging in and payment transactions;
- Analytics and Customisation Cookies: cookies which are important to us in order to understand how you use VTSB’s Platform, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics and Customisation Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping us to improve VTSB’s Platform and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies: Functionality Cookies enable us to provide additional functions to you on VTSB’s Platform such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some Functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies: It is important for us to know when and how often you visit VTSB’s Platform, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with Analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make VTSB’s Platform and advertising more relevant to your interests.
- Third Party Cookies: Third party Cookies are not placed by us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on the Platform, or by third parties providing analytics services to us (these Cookies work in the same way as Analytics Cookies described above).
- Persistent Cookies: Any of the above types of cookie may be a Persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit the Platform.
- Session Cookies: Any of the above types of cookie may be a Session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit the Platform until you close your Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
7. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in Clause (4) above in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law. Once you cease to be a Client of VTSB or the processing purposes of your Personal Data as set out in Clause (4) have been completed or no longer necessary or we no longer have a legal or business purpose for retaining your Personal Data, we shall take steps to erase, destroy, anonymise or prevent access or use of such Personal Data for any purpose other than compliance with this Notice, or for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws. To the extent possible, we will restrict the processing of your Personal Data for such limited purposes.
8. Security Measures
We take your Personal Data very seriously and are committed to protecting your Personal Data. As such, to safeguard your Personal Data from any unauthorised access, collection, theft, use, disclosure or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as authentication and access controls (such as good password practices, need-to basis for data disclosure for data disclosure, et cetera), encryption of data, data anonymisation, up-to-date antivirus protection, employing firewalls and intrusion detection systems, and conducting periodic assessments of our security measures to identify and address vulnerabilities.
Despite our best efforts, it is important to acknowledge that no security measures are completely secure. Whilst we take reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Data that you transmit to us or that we store. We are not responsible for the unauthorised use of your information nor for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity. We recommend you take steps to protect your own Personal Data, such as using strong and unique passwords, not sharing your login credentials, not recycling your passwords from other websites and being cautious when sharing personal information online (e.g., if you share a computer, you should sign out of VTSB’s Platform and close the browser window before someone else logs on to protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
9. Your Rights – Access to Personal Data, Limiting Processing and Variation
As a User whose Personal Data is processed by us, you have the right to request access and/or to correct your Personal Data and/or limit the processing and/or withdraw your consent thereof at any time hereafter in line with the PDPA and/or any applicable data protection law. If this is the case, we will inform you of the consequences in further detail depending on the specific Personal Data. You are also requested to correct and/or amend your Personal Data to the extent you realise it is incorrect. With respect to all of the above, you may:
- check whether we hold or use your Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- request that your Personal Data is retained by us only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected; and
- withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period as well as the consequences as mentioned above.
Please address all requests and/or questions and/or concerns which you may have regarding the subject matter and contents of this Notice to:
Name of representative: [Vidoly]
Designation of representative: [Customer Care Executive]
Telephone Number: [012-9551829]
10. Changes to this Notice
The Company reserves the right to update and amend this Notice from time to time and the Company will notify you of any material changes by way of a general notice via e-mail. We encourage you to review this Notice periodically. By continuing to use VTSB’s Platform or continuing to allow us to retain or process your Personal Data following any such changes to our Notice, you shall be deemed to have accepted such changes unless you expressly notify us otherwise in writing (except to the extent we are required to make such changes in accordance with applicable laws). If you do not accept the updates to this Notice, you should stop using VTSB’s Platform.